Integrating Nature in Adapting to a Changing Climate
Annual Conference of the New Brunswick Climate Change Adaptation Collaborative, in partnership with the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies
Nature-based solutions to climate impacts are cutting edge ways to adapt to climate change. Keys to understanding these approaches include not only the technical aspects, but the financial implications as well as the relationships between stakeholders in infrastructure maintenance and adaptation.
If you are interested in exploring nature-based approaches and how best to present these options, this is the conference for you — the municipal planners, building contractors, developers, engineers and NGOs working on climate adaptation.
- Keynote Speaker: Deborah Harford, ACT Simon Fraser University, expert on effective adaptation strategies at all levels of government
- How project leaders are using nature-based approaches
- The economic case for moving towards nature-based approaches
- Overcoming obstacles to adapting with nature from several perspectives
- Making nature more effective in adapting to climate change
- Working together to build resilient, greener communities
For more information, including agenda and registration, click here.
(Information from New Brunswick Environment Network website).